I – purpose: processing done for legitimate, specific and explicit purposes of which the data subject is informed, with no possibility of subsequent processing that is incompatible with these purposes;
II – suitability: compatibility of the processing with the purposes communicated to the data subject, in accordance with the context of the processing;
III - necessity: limitation of the processing to the minimum necessary to achieve its purposes, covering data that are relevant, proportional and non-excessive in relation to the purposes of the data processing;
IV – free access: guarantee to the data subjects of facilitated and free of charge consultation about the form and duration of the processing, as well as about the integrity of their personal data;
V – quality of the data: guarantee to the data subjects of the accuracy, clarity, relevancy and updating of the data, in accordance with the need and for achieving the purpose of the processing;
VI – transparency: guarantee to the data subjects of clear, precise and easily accessible information about the carrying out of the processing and the respective processing agents, subject to commercial and industrial secrecy;
VII – security: use of technical and administrative measures which are able to protect personal data from unauthorized accesses and accidental or unlawful situations of destruction, loss, alteration, communication or dissemination;
VIII – prevention: adoption of measures to prevent the occurrence of damages due to the processing of personal data;
IX – nondiscrimination: impossibility of carrying out the processing for unlawful or abusive discriminatory purposes; and
X – accountability: demonstration by the agent of the adoption of measures which are efficient and capable of proving the compliance with the rules of personal data protection, including the efficacy of such measures.
September 10, 2019
The information we collect can be generally placed in two categories: 1) data on how the user uses our Services; 2) aggregate data on the content with which the user engages. We collect information to provide better Services to you—from figuring out basic stuff like which language you speak, to more complex things like which ads you’ll find most useful or which Snaptube videos you might like. The information we collect, and how that information is used, depends on how you use our services and how you manage your privacy controls.
You understand and consent that we may provide and share the information to our partners, so that they, too, can provide you with an optimal experience, but we never disclose information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally.
When you are not signed in to a valid account, we use the unique identifiers tied to the application or device you are using to collect information. When you are signed in with third party account, e.g., your Google Account, we use such specific account to collect information.
For greater certainty, whenever you interact with our website or apps, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, “cookie” information, and the page you requested. “Cookies” are identifiers we transfer to your computer or mobile device that allow us to recognize your computer or device and tell us how and when the Services are visited and by how many people. You may be able to change the preferences on your browser or device to prevent or limit your acceptance of cookies, but this may prevent you from taking advantage of some of our features.
Whenever you interact with Snaptube, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs. The information we collect includes:
1. Services usage data. For example, this may include your age and gender, language you use, terms you search for, videos you watch, views and interactions with content and ads, voice and audio information when you use audio features, purchase activity, people with whom you communicate or share content, information regarding the version of our software you are using, the location from where you downloaded our software, how often you launch our software and which features you use.
2. Data on the quality of our Services. For example, this may include the interaction of your devices with our services, including IP address, crash reports, system activity, and the date, time, and referrer URL of your request and your connection between your phone and your computer.
3. Data on user downloads. For example, this may include information regarding which videos you download and your average download speed.
4. Aggregate statistics on content. For example, this may include the number of contacts you have on your phone, how many contacts you have marked as favorites, and the number of apps, songs, videos, or other content you have on your phone. This information is only collected as aggregate data, without reference to you or your contacts’ identities.
5. Hardware and software identification. For example, this may include the device type, settings and image resolution, operating system, mobile network information including carrier name and phone number, the version of Android operating system, the size of your device’s screen and internal storage. We support over 500 different Android devices and this helps us reach decisions as to how to prioritize support for different kinds of hardware and software.
6. Location information. We may collect information about your location when you use our Services. Your location can be determined by GPS, IP address, sensor data from your device, information about things near your device, such as Wi-Fi access points, cell towers, and Bluetooth-enabled devices.
• A few features to note:
1. If you're using our software and it crashes, the crash report sent to our server may contain some information about the operating system that you use.
2. If you download content via our desktop software, we store a copy to your computer so that the next time you connect your phone you don't have to download it again.
3. If you provide us with your name and email address, we will use this information for the purpose of contacting you regarding our services and products. You may opt out of such communications at any time by unsubscribing through our Website or contacting us through one of the methods listed at the end of this policy.
Company does not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from children under the applicable age in your country or knowingly allow such persons to register unless it is upon the specific and highlighted consent of at least one of the parents or the legal representatives of the child. If you are a child as defined by any applicable law, please do not attempt to register for the Website or send any information about yourself to us without the permission of your parents or legal representatives, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No child may provide any personal information to Company or on the Website without necessary permission from its parents or legal representatives. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to verify that the consent referred to above was given by the child’s representatives, considering available technologies. When we learn that we have collected personal information from a child without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. Children’s personal data may be collected without the consent mentioned above when collection is necessary to contact the parents or the legal representatives, used one single time and not stored, or for their protection, and under no circumstances shall the data be passed on to third parties without consents as provided herein. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child, please contact us at legal@Snaptube.com.
The data we collect is sent to the Company servers in the USA in aggregate form and added to our system for analysis. Our Services will not collect the following information without your specific consent or satisfying the preconditions required by applicable laws:
• Your, your friends’, your cat’s phone numbers
• Any of the content of your text messages, either sent or received
• Your music, photos, video, or any contents you download via our Services
• Your sensitive personal data concerning racial or ethnic origin, religious belief, political opinion, trade union or religious, philosophical or political organization membership, data concerning health or sex life, genetic or biometric data, when related to a natural person
To Be the Visionary in the Field of Content Discovery and Entertainment Evolution, we do our best to execute our core values: Kaizen and Create Value for Our Users. The information we collect from all our services is for the purposes of providing better services to you.
Provide, Maintain, Improve and Develop our Services. We use your information to deliver our Services, and to ensure our Services are working stable, faster and better. We also use the information we collect in existing Services to help us develop new ones to better suit our users’ needs.
Provide Personalized Services. We use the information we collect to customize our services for you, including providing recommendations and personalized content. We don’t show you personalized ads based on sensitive categories, such as racial or ethnic origin, religious belief, political opinion, trade union or religious, philosophical or political organization membership, data concerning health or sex life, genetic or biometric data, when related to a natural person. Also, we don’t share or use information that can personally identify you.
Measure Performance. We use data for analytics and measurement to understand how our Services are used, which will help us to know the pros and cons of particular features and the performance of advertisers’ ad campaigns as well. The ability to measure our performance is an essential part of Kaizen.
Interact with You. We may use the information we collect to contact you, which enables us to make sure the services we provide are safe and without interruption, e.g. when there’s any abnormal actions of your account or any important events that you need to know. It also enables us to respond to your request as soon as possible if there is a need.
Protect Public Policy. We use information to help improve the safety and reliability of our services. This may include: a) for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation by the controller; b) by the public administration, for the processing and shared used of data which are necessary for the execution of public policies provided in laws or regulations, or based on contracts, agreements or similar instruments, subject to the provisions of Chapter IV of Brazilian General Data Protection Law, the Law No. 13,709, of August 14, 2018; c) when necessary for the execution of a contract or preliminary procedures related to a contract of which the data subject is a party, at the request of the data subject; d)for regular exercise of rights in judicial, administrative or arbitration procedures; e) for the protection of life of physical safety of the data subject or a third party; f) to protect health, in a procedure carried out by health professionals or by health entities; g) when necessary to fulfill the legitimate interests of the controller or a third party, except when the data subject’s fundamental rights and liberties which require personal data protection prevail; or h) for the protection of credit, including as provided in the pertinent legislation.
YOUR RIGHTS OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
All natural person is assured ownership of her/his personal data, with the fundamental rights of freedom, intimacy and privacy being guaranteed.
You have the right to obtain the following from the controller, namely the Company, regarding your information being processed by the controller, at any time and by means of express request of you or your legally constituted representative to the processing agent, to the extent allowed by applicable laws:
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
When you manifestly make your information become public, your consent is deemed to be made through your action and we no longer need further consent from you to the extent allowed by applicable laws.
Your information may be processed on servers located outside of the country where you live. Though the data protection laws vary among countries, we try our best to comply with all applicable laws. Regardless of where your information is processed, we apply the same protections described in this policy as well as comply with all applicable laws, including without limitation, the Brazilian Data Protection Law.
Snaptube is built with reliable security features that continuously protect your information. We keep detecting and automatically blocking security threats from ever reaching you.
We work hard to protect you from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of information we hold, including:
We use encryption to keep your data private while in transit
We review our information collection, storage, and processing practices, including physical security measures, to prevent unauthorized access to our systems
We restrict access to personal information to our employees, contractors, and agents who need that information in order to process it. Anyone with this access is subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
We try to ensure that our services protect information from accidental or malicious deletion. Because of this, there may be delays between when you delete something and when copies are deleted from our active and backup systems.
E-mail us at legal@Snaptube.com.